Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Such a Buzz Kill"

“Conversation between Chris and me this morning - Me: You tired? Chris: No, I'm ok. Me: Morning comes fast doesn't it? Chris: Yes, it’s like I get home and take a nap, wake up, eat and then go back to sleep and it’s time to go back to work again. Me: lol, now you know why I get irritated sometimes when I get home and still have stuff to do. Chris: Man, it’s such a buzz kill! Me: ha ha ha :-)  welcome to the real world.
When we become parents for the first time we love our children, care for them, protect them and teach them responsibility so when they are adults they can take care of themselves.  It tickles me now that my second oldest son has graduated from high school and has joined the working world.  He plans on going to the Air force but in the meantime will be working for Mooring Recovery Services. The conversation we had this morning about work amuses me because he has gotten a dose of reality.  He is now realizing what it means to be an adult. I know he still has a lot of growing to do but he is well on his way and has made me proud.  He wakes up, eats his breakfast, makes his coffee and begins his commute to work.  I don’t think it’s the job that’s a “buzz kill” I think it’s the fact that playing Xbox in the evening no longer is the highlight of his day.  It’s the good nap on the couch that he now looks forward to. J
Chris, I love you and you make me proud! I can’t wait to see all that God has in store for you and all the wonderful things you are going to accomplish. Love, Mom

~A Diva~

No comments:

Post a Comment