Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Only Thing You Have To Do Is Decide!!!

My excitement and anticipation grow each day as I prepare for another semester of school.  Over the years I’ve taken a couple of courses here and there but not consistently enough to feel like I was accomplishing anything.  After much encouragement from my family and friends I decided to return to school in the spring of 2010. 
When I started I only had 18 credit hours towards my Associates degree.  I couldn’t look too far ahead because I would get discouraged and think “it’s going to take me forever!”  So, I had to focus on the semester in front of me.  In the middle of my fall 2010 semester I was looking at courses I needed to take and saw I could take an 8 week business computer class. I thought well, if I do this then I will have 7 more credit hours toward my degree.  I stepped out on faith and made a few social sacrifices and took ten hours that semester.  I completed the semester with two A’s and one B.  Not bad for a person still getting into the grove of things. So, in the spring of 2011 I took on a full-time load.  I had friends ask me if I was crazy. I said “No, just determined!” J I was ready to get done.  Here I am, two years later and able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  After the 2012-2013 school year I will be graduating with my Associates degree and transferring to Tarelton State University, Fort Worth in the fall of 2013 to pursue my Bachelors in psychology.
The reason I share this is to offer hope to those who have considered returning to school, but still have reservations.  Don’t let fear hold you back from pursuing your education or dreams, whatever they may be.  The only thing you have to do is decide!!!



~A Diva~

2 comments: