Saturday, March 25, 2023

Is your Miracle Waiting on you?

 A few years ago, I was at home in a funk feeling depressed and pitiful! I was financially “broke” and barely had enough money to meet my monthly expenses, but not much else after that. I remember this day so vividly because it was a turning point for me. As I was sitting on my corner of the couch, my son turned to me and said “Well, you can sit here and feel sorry for yourself and sit in your pity party, or you can go in there and use the resource you have to get yourself out of this situation.” He was referring to my Mary Kay business I had for more than 20 years by this time. So, after I got over being mildly offended and hurt that he did not take pity on his mother, I got up and went to work. That was the fall of 2018, the outcome of my getting off my fanny and getting to work was an all-expense paid, cruise vacation to the Bahamas, advancing into leadership as a Mary Kay Sales Director, and residual income that helped pay off a student loan and credit card debt. Stay with me because this blog is not about how my Mary Kay Business helped change my financial situation but how God needed me to do my part in the miracle He had waiting on me.

I have prayed, counseled, and ministered to many friends who have felt hopeless and been in tough situations be it financially, emotionally, or physically among others, that seemed to need a miracle to overcome. I would hear countless times “I’m broke, girl”, “I need a miracle from God”, or “God just does not seem to be answering me”. One day when being a listening ear to a friend who was doing everything they could to help their friend change their financial situation (for years) but did not seem to be making any progress, a word came to me. God can and will and still does miracles every day and can change our situation but it requires effort on our part. God’s miracles are a partnership, not a charitable handout. Some might argue God does not need our help to do a miracle and they would be absolutely right, but most of the miracles I have read about require some action on the part of the receiver. In Joshua, the Lord directed Joshua on how he would take over the city of Jericho. God instructed Joshua that he, the seven priests with trumpets, and the armed men would march around the walls of Jericho once a day for six days, and on the seventh day they would march seven times and the priests would sound the trumpets and then Joshua would command the people to “shout!”. When they did what God had instructed the walls came tumbling down and they took the city (Joshua 6:2-21). In the book of 2 Kings, Naaman, the commander of King Aram’s army was instructed by Elisha to go wash in the Jordan River seven times to be cleansed of his leprosy (2 Kings 5:7-14). The man who was born blind and spent his life as a beggar was healed from his blindness, but only after he went to “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (Siloam means sent) (John 9: 1-11). One last miracle that required faith and action on the individual’s part is a miracle we are all familiar with, the woman with the issue of blood. This woman bled for 12 years and not one physician could help her. Her faith told her she did not need Jesus to lay hands on her but if she could just touch the hem of his garment she knew she would be healed. This took her fighting, pushing, and forcing her way through a multitude of people all pressing into Jesus. We all know what it’s like to force our way through a crowd, it takes work and extreme effort at times, we have all experienced it at least once in our life, I am sure. She received her miracle and was healed immediately after doing her part to participate in the miracle that was waiting on her (Luke 8:43-48).

What miracle are you waiting for or rather what miracle is waiting for you? God is waiting to change your situation, transform your life, and use you to be a testimony that He is still the miracle-making God from the Old Testament and New Testament! I encourage you, brothers and sisters, to rise up, act, and take hold of your miracle! Every miracle and provision God desires to do and provide for you is there waiting just like in Joshua, 2 Kings, Luke and John…Go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment